The beach line of the headphone turtle surround allows you to hear the audio in the game and audio chat through the headphones speakers. By default, the chat audio also includes the sound picked up by the microphone. Although you can not change this setting when using the headset with a game console, it can be changed when using the headset with a PC. If you do not want to hear the sound picked up by the microphone through the headset, you must connect the headphones to the computer and change the settings of the headset.
- Connect the Turtle Beach headset to the computer via the USB connection cable that comes with the device.
- Click on the “Start” button in the computer’s taskbar and select the “Control Panel” option. Click on the “Sound” option to see the sound devices connected to the computer.
- Click on the “Playback” tab and double-click on the USB Turtle Beach headset icon.
- Click on the “Microphone” slider and drag the slider to the left. This will disable playback of your microphone through the headset’s speakers.
- Click on the “OK” button to save the configuration.